Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a Passport required to travel to Costa Rica? YES
- Can foreigners own land in Costa Rica? YES
- Are building codes and regulations similar to the US? For the most
part, YES. Contractors are responsible for construction defects for 5 yrs.
- Is Costa Rica's government stable? YES
- Will my electronic devices run on the type of power in Costa Rica? YES
- Is there a good healthcare system, and are the doctors well trained? YES
- Do they have a good school system, and what is the literacy rate? YES, 95% or higher literacy rate.
- Can pets be brought into the country? YES however, you must follow certain procedures.
- Is there shopping and restaurants in the VDP area? YES, over 30 restaurants & shops in the immediate area. There is also deep sea fishing, surfing, motorcycle, horseback riding, white water rafting, zip line, and scuba rentals with-in minutes of VDP development.
- How close is the nearest hospital? A brand new state of the art hospital is being built right now, 10 minutes away. Due to be completed early 2007.
- Is there an International Airport going in anytime soon? Yes, in this area two sites have been chosen. Either Palmar Norte or Palmar Sur which is a half hour away, going in 3-4 years from now. When this happens properties will seriously appreciate.
- How safe is Costa Rica? Costa Ricans are the nicest people in all of Central and South America. There is also a police station just a couple minutes away from VDP.
North American Director of Marketing